Sometimes it can feel impossible to keep calm during the holidays. As we look forward to celebrating the holidays with loved ones, there can also be triggered stress and anxiety associated with this time. Managing holiday stress will help you have a more cheerful holiday season. There are many different ways to relax during the holiday season. Here are 7 ways to beat holiday stress:
- Watch your favorite holiday movies. Spending an evening binge-watching your favorite holiday movies is a great way to unwind and relax while staying in a joyful mood.
- Have a self-care night. It is so easy getting caught up in taking care of your loved ones over the holiday season you can forget to pamper yourself. Self-care nights are always a great idea for relaxing but even more so during the holidays. Take a few hours to do your favorite self-care treatments. Your relaxed self will thank you.
- Bake your favorite holiday treat. Baking is a great way to stay busy in a positive way. Create a fun environment with a more festive activity. Who doesn’t love baking their favorite treat!
- Listen to a holiday playlist. Music can create a relaxing feeling, especially while listening to your favorite tunes. From the classics to modern-day music, a good song can instantly put you in a stress-free zone. Gather around the Christmas tree, put on your favorite holiday playlist, and enjoy family time.
- Create a vision board for 2022. With friends and family, use pictures, quotes, text and creativity to make a vision board for 2022. This fun and festive idea helps you to visually see your goals and create a better chance of accomplishing them. Go into the New Year more relaxed and recharged
- Do yoga or meditation. Yoga improves respiration, energy, and vitality. Slow movements and deep breathing increase blood flow and warm up muscles while holding a pose can build strength. Doing yoga regularly can create long-term benefits. Take time to focus on a more relaxed you.
- Get a 60-Minute Custom LaVida Massage. One of the best ways to relax is taking time from your busy day and focusing on just that, relaxing. Experience a soothing, relaxing massage that is tailored to your needs. Just an hour can make you feel rejuvenated and refreshed, ready to take on the rest of the Holiday Season! Book your appointment today!